Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Charcoal

Many potted plants and decorative displays have charcoal in them.  Rather large pieces (as seen below) in fact.  I asked a friend why all the charcoal, and she said it was to help filter the air.  Also, to fight against the dampness that this rainy country can accrue.  I’m not sure if any of this is true, but, none the less, they believe it, so I see a lot of charcoal.

P1000622

This is a decorative display at one of our favorite coffee shops

P1000503 

Notice the charcoal at the base of the plant.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20:16

    Hi
    We have a mutual friend - Scott Lenke - me and my husband james are coming over to Korea in 3 weeksish to teach - Scott couldn't remember whereabouts you were in Korea though!
    our blog is seoulmatesinsk.blogspot.com

    Best
    Abi

    ReplyDelete