My laundry always comes out looking like this:
There is no cylinder in the middle of our washing machine to keep ‘THE BIG TANGLE’ at bay.
This year is allowing Mark and I to renew our appreciation for many, many things that we took for granted in the US.
Here’s a few:
- Coffee shops that open earlier than 9am (they don’t do early coffee around here … we haven’t a CLUE why.)
- An enclosed shower
- A dryer
- Being able to communicate
- The GREAT NORTHWEST wine selection (no decent wine is under $30 a bottle here). Translation: we’ve had wine once since we’ve been here
- Dark chocolate (we are in the land of milk chocolate)
- Peanut Butter & Grape Nuts (thanks Sandy and Rob for the care package!)
- Walls that you can hang something on (cement walls don’t really allow for hammers and nails)
- Netflix and Pandora
- Traffic that moves logically and crosswalks that are safe to walk across
- Hot water heaters (our hot-water-on-demand takes it’s sweet time)
- Shoes larger than size 8 ladies and size 10 mens
- Buses that come to a complete stop when you board and exit
- Blending into the general populace (As fun as it is being a super-star, sometimes you just feel like a freak)
But, at the end of the day we can always remind ourselves that we are making millions.