Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Informal Education

As I work on learning Korean, I have tried to get organized.  I’ve consolidate my notes into one binder.  I’ve separated phrases from food from colors from slang, etc.  I’m organized.

And then … Reality sets in.  I hear phrases I want to write down at the most inopportune moments.

So, what do I do, I grab anything in site: napkin, envelope, edge of newspaper, scrap of paper, back of a menu, at times my hand, the back of a flier, whatever!  I always come home with scraps and bits of the Korean language. 

P1000089Envelope

P1000091 Scrap of paper

P1000092 Back of a menu at Angel-in-us Coffee

P1000093 Mini-lecture on Korea’s 4 Seasons

PICT1992Scraps of paper

PICT1993 The back of a receipt

Eventually all of these pieces get ‘organized’ into my binder.  But, who am I kidding, I’m just patch-working my way through the language.

1 comment: