Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Korean Car Manufacturing






There are 5 car manufacturing companies in Korea:
Hyundai Motor Company
P1000516
Kia Motor Company.  They have two different emblems.
P1000545
P1000517 
GM Daewoo
P1000521
SsangYong Motor Company
Renault Samsung Vehicles
Imported cars (favorites being: Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes) are a statement reserved for the wealthy.  I see them often, but they still do stand out.
SUVs have become more popular in this country.  There are still far more cars than SUVs, and I’ve rarely seen a pickup truck. 
Apparently, around here you want to get rid of a car like this (see below) ASAP.  The bigger the car, the better symbol of status.
Sorry little guy … I’d drive you. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Am I just reading too much into it, or does S. Korea very much put a premium on status/standing/appearances? With so much being so visible in the "confines" of a crowded city, certain realities just stand out, don't they? Tell me if I'm wrong...I can take it...

    ReplyDelete