Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Korean Jerky

You can get beef jerky around here, but the jerky of choice in Korea is squid jerky.  Yes, on the package below you see a friendly squid saluting you, the consumer, in assurance, that he is proud and happy to be filling your belly with dried, flavored, squid yumminess! 

P1000229

I was introduced to this by another Westerner, actually.  (They’re turning us all slowly into Koreans! :o)  I found it pretty good, once I got past the introductory taste, though I must admit I like all things fishy. 

It is jerked (or is it called smoked?) and this one in particular had a seasoning, which I can’t explain.  It is shredded, which allows is to be pulled off in strips like string cheese.

P1000231

P1000230

I doubt it will ever be a big hit in America, but in this country it definitely has a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment