Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Heated Floors

Apartments in Korea are heated through hot water pipes laid in the floor.  It was a nice surprise when we slept on the floor at Vicky’s house (the one saving grace of that week).  It is also great when all of our furniture (aside from our bed) right now consists of two floor cushions.

PICT1870

They are very comfortable, and we are VERY thankful for them. 

Here is a peak at our ‘computer room’.

PICT1867

Which turns quickly into our ‘dining room’ (remove computer and voila!). 

Also, I appreciate that I can lay clothing on the floor to dry, like these two sweaters.

PICT1866

Very cool (and very warm) :o)

4 comments:

  1. Talk about simplicity of life!! I've laid clothes out flat a lot of times, but never on the floor!! Amazing!!!.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heated floors are a real treat! I suppose it's a great excuse to throw your clothes on the floor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole clothes on the floor thing is old news to me. Ive been doing it for years! I wonder if i missed out on a business opertunity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Jon Miller thinks that his bedroom has heated floors???????

    ReplyDelete